Certain color combinations seem to shout out spring, one of my faves being yellow and navy…..I recently found this Kinross cashmere sweater at Portobello Road in Chestnut Hill, hesitated initially because it was no bargain, but decided it would be a good investment piece:
- Cashmere is a year round fabric, comfortable, light, and luxurious.
- The cropped sleeves and fitted waistline are flattering on my petite frame.
- It is fitted enough but not tight, so work appropriate.
- Works for Business Casual, works for Casual, works for Upscale Casual.
The back is a wide V-neck, you could actually wear it either way! The pants are navy pinstriped silk from Theory, perfect with navy suede pumps to dress up the sweater for work…. Gotta wear a scarf, but didn’t want to introduce another color this time…chose a lightweight neutral with gold elephants, a bargain for sure, found a few years back at Paper-Source…. Added a mid-weight Burberry Brit jacket and off to work I go….can’t wait to try some other combinations with the yellow sweater:
- With a navy sailor style pencil skirt.
- With blue denim shorts.
- With white jeans and a hot pink scarf.
- With a black leather skirt.
Wearing yellow cashmere is like surrounding yourself with sunshine – definitely worth the splurge!