A few years back, leather may have seemed too casual or edgy to wear to work – to me anyway! It was for weekend wear, mostly with jeans….well, times have changed and styles have expanded……while I am very much conscious of sending a serious message in my role at work, it can certainly include leather pieces. The skirt shown above is actually a waxed cotton, but looks just like leather at a fraction of the cost. If you do wear leather to work, keep a few tips in mind:
– Not skin tight! Form fitting is good, but don’t look like you are out of the movie Grease! (These pics make my skirt look tighter than it really is)
– Keep length of skirt to the knee or just below, no shorter
– Wear a conservative shoe or boot; no spike ankle-straps
– Balance the other parts of your outfit with a conservative style.
– One piece of leather is enough – don’t wear leather head to toe.
– A black motorcycle style jacket probably still best for the weekend!
What’s nice about leather is that is adds another texture, so makes an outfit more interesting and current….it’s weight is also perfect for the fall season……..another added plus is its versatility – when the work day is done, some sexy shoes and bold earrings and you are ready for fun!