Time to Purge
Like it or not, September is next week and the season is changing…..Ginger’s favorite season was the fall for a variety of reasons, one of which was the kind of clothes you wear….she also taught me that with each change of season you should go through your wardrobe and get rid of things that are only causing clutter and confusion when it’s time to get dressed. AGREE wholeheartedly and I have already begun the process…..let me say that while I am a firm believer in purging, it is still not an easy task to donate/consign things that look perfectly fine. Here are some questions to ask yourself as you ponder over those questionable items:
– Have I worn it in the past year? Not even in past two? Let it go…
– Is it out of style? Doesn’t matter that you paid a lot back then – doesn’t look good now.
– Is it my style? Sometimes you buy something because you admire a style, but it really isn’t you, or it doesn’t suit your lifestyle.
– Would I buy it again today? This one helps me a lot.
– Do I feel great in it? Does it make me feel confident? No? Let it go.
– Do I often put it on, then take it off? Get rid of it!!
– Does it fit? Is it comfortable today? No? Goodbye.
Here are some of my purges so far….
Some of these items may soon be in a local Revolve shop, which is where I take things that are passed up by my daughter……someone else may love them and I can make extra money to put toward new purchases….once your closet has been cleared of the clutter it makes it much easier to see what you really need…..next step is make a list and hit the stores – shopping should be less stressful because you will be more focused.
Are you ready for this??? Will you be filling a bag of outcasts this weekend? Would love to hear!
candy in your inbox
Enter your name and email below to get notifications
of new blog articles sent via email.
Yes! For the last month I’ve been looking carefully at my supply of summer tops, pulling out the ones that are looking tired, then checking the sales for replacement possibilities. Once that is done, its time to start packing away the summer stuff & bring out the fall things, thinking about what gaps in the wardrobe need to be filled. And which fall things do I need to get rid of. I have a Goodwill bag started, will be filling up one more for donation, one for consignment. Of all the seasonal changeovers, it seems the summer to fall one is the most fun.