5 Fall Trends To Shop For
Have you started shopping for fall clothes yet? There are lots of great looks to shop for in a wide range of prices, as well as ‘shopping your closet’ for older pieces that will work with the new. It is not about creating a whole new wardrobe, but adding a few key pieces to keep you looking current. Here are my favorite trends of the season:
1. Block Heels – Whether you like a shorter heel as pictured here or prefer a bit more height, block heels are great! They are chic, can be worn with dresses, trousers, jeans…they can be worn to work and/or for weekend wear. Many style options: simple pumps, open toed sandals, boots or booties…The best part about them? You can walk in them all day long! The toe will usually be round or squared off which adds to the comfort. My advice? Get more than one pair!
2. Leather – You will see leather jackets, leather dresses, leather skirts, leather trimmed sweaters…some real leather, some ‘faux’ – all are terrific! Judge each item by how it feels, how it fits – do not be turned off because it is fake. I have seen (and purchased) some amazing faux pieces at a fraction of what you would pay for real leather. Depending on the style of an item, leather is also perfectly appropriate for your work wardrobe. This burgundy leather skirt looks professional because it is not too short and it is worn with a conservative top and shoes. For evening, you can give it a sexy/classy look by wearing it with an off the shoulder sweater and an edgy heel. Love!
3. Chokers – This is a simple and fun accessory that can cost next to nothing! Shown here is a dramatic wide black fabric choker which is my favorite. You may prefer more delicate styles in metal or thin fabric roping.
4. Bow Tie Blouses – While the choker trend is a bit ‘goth’/naughty, the bow tie blouses are oh so sweet and ladylike! They are not the same as the bow ties you may have worn in the 80s – these are bigger, softer, floppier – some are black bows on white blouses, others are built in bows as seen here. The look can be elegant and sophisticated or portray a French schoolgirl charm… a perfect look for business wear and also a terrific with jeans and boots. You will have no trouble finding these in your favorite shop – bows are everywhere!
5. Off The Shoulder – As I recently stated in ‘Shoulder Show’, showing your shoulders is not just for summer, and not just for the younger set. There are sweater dresses, tailored blouses, tunics, all in a variety of fabrics/colors to suit the season and occasion…if you rather be more covered up, there are also many options of tops/sweaters that just have cut out shoulders. Off the shoulder tops/dresses are not ideal for dancing, but perfect for going out to dinner when what you wear from the waist up is what gets noticed the most!
What is your favorite fall trend?
candy in your inbox
Enter your name and email below to get notifications
of new blog articles sent via email.
Leave a Reply