IT’S ON SALE!
If you are obsessed with clothes like me (yes, I admit it, Peter), you probably are excited about end of season sales, now in full swing……the pleasure of the purchase without the guilt! It was on sale! 20% off! 40% off! This rack 80% off!!! My heart is beating faster – must put my phone on silent so I won’t be interrupted, got to put on my glasses so I can read the price tags…….Ok, Ok, what do I need??…..Need???….Ha! We know it’s not about need……All kidding aside, it’s easy to see how things can get out of hand, how you can make poor choices and end up actually wasting money.
Some tips to keep in mind before you race out the door:
– Don’t buy anything that is “final sale” unless it is perfect as is and you LOVE it. You won’t like it any more when you get it home.
– Don’t buy something just because it is a drastic markdown or a designer name. Maybe it didn’t sell at full price for a reason.
– Don’t buy anything that’s not really comfortable. Sequins itch, strappy shoes can kill…Life is too short to be uncomfortable!!!
– Don’t be persuaded by a sales clerk unless they know you well…if unsure, call a friend, take a photo with your phone, put it on hold.
– Know in the back of your mind items that you could use…a black high heel? Colorful tops? White jeans?
– Go to pricey boutiques where their regular prices would break your budget. This is one of my favorite things to do! Wolford, Viola Lovely….
– If you are lucky enough to find high quality basics, grab’em! They usually don’t go on sale… Recently bought a V-neck white linen Theory sweater 40% off at French Lessons (Concord).
– Prepare story for hubby: “Guess how much this was at full price???? You will never believe what I paid!!!!!” Haha…he will love your excitement…..
Scarf in top photo is insanely soft and luxurious, was also insanely expensive at full price – it was a real bargain at 80% off! The linen tee shirt came in lots of great colors, also got a pink and a purple….they still have lots left….Calypso is on Newbury St, and new store opened this year in Chestnut Hill.
One of the fun parts of end of summer sales is next spring – you will probably be surprised to see your purchases and be glad you have them.
Have you shopped any sales this week? Where are your favorite finds???
candy in your inbox
Enter your name and email below to get notifications
of new blog articles sent via email.
Leave a Reply