Every woman should have at least one sheath dress in her closet! What is a sheath dress? It is a form fitting dress with either no sleeves or cap sleeves, usually worn without a belt. If you watch the news on TV, you will see multiple examples of them in various colors….I say start with black and add on from there…..why are they a must???……Since you asked…..
– When you are pressed for time, a sheath is an easy way to get dressed without thinking. Just throw it on!
– They are figure flattering.
– It elongates your body, can make you look tall..(good for those of us that are height challenged).
– Their simple style conveys seriousness (especially in dark neutrals).
– Their simple style puts the focus on you (this is why anchorwomen wear them).
– You can completely change the look with different accessories – scarves, necklace, earrings, shoes.
– They can easily go from day to night. (Wore this orange dress one evening with high nude pumps and big gold earrings)
– They are comfortable.
– They are a perfect business look for a hot summer day.
– You don’t need to spend a fortune on one to look great. (This was under $100, on sale)
You may have noticed that my hair is different in some of these photos….once summer arrives, I often pass on the blow dryer and let my wavy hair go natural…it still takes effort (and product) so it doesn’t look too wild, but definitely easier….
So – are you sold on the sheath??? Maybe you wore one today?