Ready For Fall
With the summer season well behind us, is your closet ready for fall? Were you pleasantly reacquainted with pieces you forgot you had and maybe reminded of things you wish you had? I’m always good about doing a major closet purge at the change of seasons so additions to my wardrobe will be practical and generally well thought out – generally, but not always! This is a fall outfit that incorporates a few new items with some old favorites…
This camel wool blazer is by Rag and Bone, bought a few years ago in NYC…
…it’s a classic style and color that I especially love with all black…on this day, however, I decided to lighten up the look…
…by wearing it with a new off white skirt by Theory…truth be told, I was on the hunt for a white pencil skirt when I came upon this ‘mini’ at Bloomingdales…while it was not what I was looking for, I had nothing like it and knew that it would work beautifully with many of my coordinates…Ginger would say it was too short, but when styled conservatively I say it is perfectly tasteful, even for the office setting…
I love the front slit pockets and the A-line style is a fun change from a straight skirt…
Notice how pretty the fabric of the skirt falls…a beautiful fit and very feminine…on top, just a simple black rayon tee…
So what else is new here? Of course – the booties! A super on trend look this year, lizard is now everywhere as the animal print rage continues strong as ever (and I am no longer resisting!)…these are by Rag and Bone…
With thick rubber tread soles, they are incredibly comfortable, even with the pointy toe…I also love the rich brown color!
So I did say a few new items, you think it’s the scarf? No, the scarf is an oldie but goodie…the third new piece here is quite special and was not a planned purchase…
Found at Revolve (Belmont) in pristine condition, this Gucci backpack was calling my name!!!!
How about you? Ready for fall? It’s never too late to get organized – here’s a quick wardrobe checklist:
- Do a complete closet purge, including your tights, your coats, you’re scarves.
- Polish your boots and check the heels! If they are worn, off to the cobbler they go.
- Shop for simple coordinates in neutral colors, a classic topcoat in camel or black, and at least one item in an animal print!
- Buy two pair of your favorite tights. (You will thank me when your last pair rips!)
- Wash or dry clean summer clothes and store out of view if possible.
- Pack away a bag of cleaned summer items that you purged for consigning in the spring!
- Don’t pack away your white jeans, they look great year round.
- Visit your favorite consignment shop on a weekly basis; this time of year great things show up (and go quickly) on a regular basis.
- Always be open to finding a piece for a holiday party or an upcoming vacation…the best purchases are often when you are not on the hunt!
Happy Fall Shopping!!!
candy in your inbox
Enter your name and email below to get notifications
of new blog articles sent via email.
I love this skirt on you, and it is not too short. It’s just different from your normal silhouette. That Gucci backpack though! I wish I could say It’s fall where I live, but it will be 97 degrees here through Thursday. It will cool down into the 80s on Friday. I’ll wear my dark linen!
Thanks Lori, your weather sounds darn good to me! 🙂