In the summer months when the sun is blazing, you can’t beat the casual elegance of linen…..it’s cool it’s comfortable, it is summer style at its best……
- Accept the wrinkles as part of the natural charm of this fabric….iron before you wear it, then embrace the character as the day goes on.
- Avoid wearing linen head to toe….If you are wearing a linen blazer, wear a bottom in a polished cotton or a synthetic blend.
- Do look for linen blend fabrics….linen blended with wool, silk, or cotton is more formal and easier to incorporate into business attire.
- Linen is perfect choice for weekend/vacation wear: add a straw tote, strappy flat sandals, and off you go!
- Linen can be acceptable in a business casual setting, depending on the style and when paired with the right shoes and accessories. Nothing easier than throwing on a linen dress on a hot day….
- A ‘must have’ in your summer closet is a white linen shirt (see top pic)…..looks great with black, khaki, with jeans, with a denim skirt. I love this understated look!
- A ‘must have’ for your hubby is also white linen shirt – so sexy with the sleeves rolled up!
- Avoid the ‘crunchy’ linen look: baggy, shapeless, elastic waist, worn with clogs or other ‘comfort’ shoe.
This white linen coat is a unique piece found at Revolve in Belmont….it makes a dramatic statement and is a nice alternative to a white blazer….to balance the loose coat, slim separates underneath: taupe tank by Wolford, rayon skirt by Agnes B (it was actually Ginger’s!)…..beige suede wedges (Stuart Weitzman) are comfortable without crunch and business casual appropriate.
Summer is the season for linen – embrace the wrinkles and enjoy!!!