Ain’t She Sweet
When I found this ‘cotton candy’ pink sweater at Revolve I immediately was attracted to its feminine appeal and knew it would look great with white skirts and white jeans. Pairing it with black, however, is another terrific combination, with the pink softness adding a sexy balance to the edgy black. The brand is CABI, the fabric is a cotton/nylon blend. Lightweight enough to wear on a hot day, and thin enough to tuck in.
This dramatic skirt I have posted about in the past…also found it at Revolve, about two years ago. It is waxed linen by Sonia Rykiel…quite a statement piece!
Isn’t it fabulous??? I have mostly worn it with simple white cotton shirts, sleeves rolled up, or with a fitted black top. It’s fun to find new ways to wear things you love to keep them fresh and interesting…same goes for the shoes…
Block heel booties by Jeffrey Campbell added another element of edginess, and they are not too high for a day at the office…the challenge was what to wear for a jacket – not that I needed it for outdoors, but in the office, in a restaurant, it can always be cool – plus – I like the finished look of having some sort of outerwear/wrap. Black jackets looked way too heavy, and all my white jackets hit below the waist, not a good look with a full skirt. I needed a cropped jacket, OR…..
…a fun wrap!
This Kate Spade scarf I found a few years back at Bloomies…pale pink and black with a map of NYC! How could I resist?
- It’s all about balance. Mixing soft pale pink with sexy/edgy black is a great combination.
- When you wear a skirt that’s this ‘significant’, do wear a shoe that is also ‘significant’ to ground it. Avoid a delicate pump or sandal.
- With a full skirt you want to avoid any jacket that goes too much below the waist. Choose a cropped jacket or opt for a wrap. A fitted, cropped leather jacket would be a nice option in cooler weather.
- This is a ‘fun’ outfit, so be fun with jewelry instead of reaching for your pearls.
- Pink is a flattering color on most people and also looks nice with navy or chocolate brown.
Do you have any pale pink pieces in your closet? How do you wear them?
candy in your inbox
Enter your name and email below to get notifications
of new blog articles sent via email.
Leave a Reply