The highways are crowded with cars again, children all have backpacks, the days are getting shorter….all signs that another summer has past…yet while the mornings are often chilly, afternoon temperatures frequently reach the 70s….what’s a gal to wear??? Let’s not rush the season, there will be plenty of days to wear the bulkier wool clothes (and how we will get sick of them!)….here are some tips to get you through the transition to real fall weather……..
– Layers are your best friend! Wear a top, a jacket, a scarf, maybe a cape too…make sure you can remove any layer and still look good
– Continue to enjoy bare legs!
– Put away bright colored linen scarfs and clothing items that scream summer
– White is fine to wear as long as it is not a summery fabric
– Cotton knits are great in deep, rich colors – you will be comfortable for the warm afternoon with season appropriate style
– Lightweight merino wool and cashmere in any color are perfect layering pieces
These are a few ‘transition season’ outfits I have recently worn….as much as I love tights and boots, the ease and comfort of bare legs I like to hold onto as long as possible…How about you??