How to Bare Your Legs for Business
Are bare legs acceptable in the workplace? This is a question frequently asked by women of all ages…….Unless you work in a very formal work setting (such as some law firms), it is perfectly appropriate to go without stockings in warm weather. However – with that said – there are certain do’s and don’t to be sure you still look polished and appropriate for business.
DO:– Use lotion on your legs regularly to prevent dry skin.
– Unless you have a golden tan, always use a tinted moisturizer or leg makeup to cover imperfections and give your legs a glow. Victoria’s Secret ‘Rockin’ Body’ body cream is lightweight; Sally Hansen ‘Airbrush Legs'(CVS) or Lorac’s tinted moisturizer (Sephora) are heavier but you can thin them out with a bit of plain lotion.
– Keep your skirt length no shorter than an inch above your knee.
– Keep foot exposure to a minimum; a peep toe and/or sling back are ok.
– Wear 1-2″ heel with skirt above knee, 2-3″ heel if skirt below knee.
– Regular pedicures are a must.
– Enjoy wearing nude pumps – very flattering, elongates your legs.
DO NOT:– Forget to shave. (EVERY day!)
– Use self-tanning lotions unless you have practiced and are good at it. Results can look streaky and awful – believe me, I speak from experience!
– Wear shoes that are too casual. No summer sandals or flip flops!
– Wear shoes that are too high – no six inch platforms or wedges.
– Wear neon or glitter nail polish, no nail art, never chipped polish.
– No toe rings.
Well working ladies??? Are you ready to bare your legs??
candy in your inbox
Enter your name and email below to get notifications
of new blog articles sent via email.
Leave a Reply